To: All KBC Team Members, From: Paula
PUMP UP THE SALES!
Here are a few tips and tricks to increase sales and keep clients happy from the branches:
1. Put sale flyers in each pick up bin so they are given out with all orders.
2. Keep carbide inserts in marked insert cartridges so it’s easier for customers to identify and reorder. (You can get extra ones fromMichigan.) ….and sell inserts in packs of 10!
3. If you pull the last of something popular, make sure to notify your branch manager or buyer.
4. Make sure to put a part number on those items that clients don’t end up taking at the pick up counter…..and get them back on the shelf the next time you walk into the warehouse. If you can’t find something, you can’t sell it.
5. Call clients who have purchased consumable items prior that are on sale now. Let them know that the item is on sale, get an order, and use it as a way to start a conversation and a bigger order. (You can do the same with clients who have previously bought an item that is currently being deleted or discontinued.)
6. Make a visit to KBC fun and enjoyable. Offer coffee, tell a joke, be helpful. Dress up for Halloween – you should see our handsome devils at the front counter! Show the client something new. Thank the client for his/her business.
7. If a husband and wife come into the showroom, or any group of two or more, make sure to speak to everyone in the group. Don’t leave anyone feeling left out or ignored. Ask questions of everyone.
8. Search for blanket orders. Isn’t it great to know what and how much your clients use month after month and have it on the shelf ready for them? Ask, “Do you use this on a regular basis?” If yes, find out how many they use in a year, and if they would like to lock in pricing and delivery.
9. Create a goal, and go for it. As a branch you should be finding out what your average sales and your total sales goal for the fiscal year is any day. (That’s October – September sales.) Now you have to create a personal goal to work on. It’s fun and motivating.
10. Smile! Help your clients and your fellow team members! Ask for the order! Ask for more!
YES OR NO?
Rachel and Karly, the dynamic duo of please, please, please, keep asking for things, and I keep saying NO, NO, NO, NO….NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I wonder how many times a day they hear NO. It’s disheartening to keep saying NO, and it’s a whole lot more fun to say YES.
When our clients ask for something special, do we immediately say NO? Can we figure out a way to say YES or at least not say NO?
Here are a few examples:
Mommy, mommy can we have ice cream with sprinkles with hot fudge and gummy worms? Pllllllllease! Well, darlings, once you’ve finished all your spinach I can see if we have some more strawberry frozen yogurt for dessert. How’s that?
John, can I get that double end mill shipped out today by Polar Express? Well Mr. Client, I can get that out for you today by UPS Express, and it will get to you first thing tomorrow morning. Does that work for you?
Laura, can I get an extra discount on that box of inserts? I am such a good customer. Why Ms. Client, I can give you an extra 5% off of 3 boxes of inserts, and you’re right, you are a good client. Can I have a P.O.?
Have a great month. Have fun. Cut through the cobwebs. Scare up the sales…..and SELL! sell! SELL!